cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add LCD MIPI 4 lanes to STM32F469-DISCO

marckaraujo
Associate

I would like to replace the actual display available in STM32F469-DISCO with another LCD MIPI 4 Lanes (datasheet attached).

Do you think that its possible to create a "wire solution" to add this new display or its require a major modification to the board?

Best Regards,

4 REPLIES 4

STM32 MCU only support data via 2-lanes, this is typically enough to support 1.1 to 1.2 Mpixel displays. If your display can operate in 2-lane mode it should be workable with a suitable driver and configuration.

The STM32F769I-DISC1 provides for a Mictor connector to interface to other DSI displays. There's a converter for HDMI panels, and RPi FPC connected displays. 

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Thanks for the info @Tesla DeLorean .

STM32 MCU only support data via 2-lanes. All STM32 only support 2 lanes?

The STM32 MPU (Linux) models that I looked at also only supported 2-Lanes, so not going to sustain FHD / UHD type applications, so assuming about zero penetration of the tablet market space.

A subset of the STM32 MCU support DSI, might be on some of the other silicon, but only enabled/licensed on a few models and bonded to LVDS IO-Cells

At the end of the day is mostly the memory bandwidth ceiling that's the biggest hurdle.

The 720x1280 is 0.9 Mpixel, so I think the STM32F469 should be able to drive it via LTDC and DSIHOST

The Data Sheet has the following "Note 1 when use MIPI DSI 2-lanes, Please contact Toppan", so might need external jumper/pin setting, or configuration.