cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIPI DSI Display required for STM32H747XIH6

Arrvinddd
Associate

Hello all,
Im looking for LCD Display that I wanted to interface using ST32H747XIH6 Microcontroller, with its MIPI DSI 2 lanes interface. I see it can only support upto 800x480 in the datasheet, or am i wrong?, can the MCU drive larger resolutions like XGA, or can i enable 800x480 pixels in XGA display, like down scaling in software?

Arrvinddd_0-1715259206121.png

So, Im looking for a suitable LCD of MIPI DSI interface type, but not able to find ready to buy on Digikey and mouser, kindly suggest a few LCD part numbers, I'm looking for 4.5 inch to 6.5 inches (diagonal) display sizes.

Thanks in advance,
Arvind.

3 REPLIES 3

Size of Display != Resolution of Display

You can use RGB output on IC's supporting DSIHOST

The bandwidth limits are in the order of 1.1 Mpixel, horizontal/vertical limits coming from bit-width of those counters.

Could do 1388x768, can't do FHD/UHD

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Digikey and Mouser aren't good sources for a broad range of panels. There are other vendors that specialize in panels, the market for cheap panels are driven by volume users on tight upgrade cycles. So no 10 year availability non-sense.

Perhaps look at vendors like Newhaven Displays

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Arrvinddd
Associate

Thank you for the response , 

What about MIPI Lanes ? can I interface 4 lane display with STM32H747 which has only 2 lanes of MIPI?