cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using two X-NUCLEO-NFC08A1 with X-CUBE-NFC6

CT-55555
Senior

Hello everyone, 

for my project, I need to read a tag in two different places. Currently I am using an X-Nucleo-NFC08A1. I would like to add an additional X-Nucleo-NFC08A1 reader.
The communication is done via SPI. What adjustments do I have to make in the X-Cube-NFC6 to include an additional slave. Theoretically the pins SCL, MISO and MOSI should be the same.
The selection of which reader should be addressed is only done via the cs pin.

Rgds

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

it depends if you want to share also the IRQ pin. Theoretically it is enough to only use different CS. I think it is not needed to call again all initializations. So you can do based on rfalInitialize() as sketched. 

A description of "It does not work" is rather sparse. There is no ready-made solution, so you will need to debug into it, use a logic analyzer, etc.

BR, Ulysses

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi,

I tried with your note on the other post to get it running. But it does not work. In the function where the chip select (st25r3916_com.c) is executed I made a query for a variable. How do I have to use the interrupt and what about the initialization of MX-X-Cube _NFC6_Init()? do I have to adjust anything there as well?

Rgds

Hi,

it depends if you want to share also the IRQ pin. Theoretically it is enough to only use different CS. I think it is not needed to call again all initializations. So you can do based on rfalInitialize() as sketched. 

A description of "It does not work" is rather sparse. There is no ready-made solution, so you will need to debug into it, use a logic analyzer, etc.

BR, Ulysses