cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tag not detected with X-NUCLEO NFC08A1

cGosa.1
Senior

I am using X-NUCLEO NFC08A1 dev board & NUCLEO-L476RG base board with STM32 IDE. I want to detect NFC card on eval board but currently the card is not getting detected. can you please help to solve this issue.not able to receive data on serial port also.

16 REPLIES 16
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

STSW-ST25R-LIB - ST25 embedded NFC library provides additional demos (with project files for STM32CubeIDE) whereas X-CUBE-NFC6 provides only polling and ndef demos for Keil µVision, IAR EWARM and STM32CubeIDE.

If you use X-CUBE-NFC6 you can continue with it except if you need one of the demos provided in STSW-ST25R-LIB - ST25 embedded NFC library.

The default polling demo supports by default the various technologies. So by default, Type V support is enabled.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
cGosa.1
Senior

Hello I have tried with different card of type A ST card but still not able to detect the card .

Also inside democycle code

case DEMO_ST_DISCOVERY:

if( rfalNfcIsDevActivated( rfalNfcGetState() ) )

This fucntion returns state RFAL_NFC_STATE_LISTEN_COLAVOIDANCE always.

Is there any macros need to be changed in the code ?

Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

Can you probe the field with an oscilloscope? ( just connect the ground wire to the tip of the probe (building a loop) and put it in free air close to the tag antenna)

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
cGosa.1
Senior

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000dDNEiQAO.pngI have connected Gnd pin to the probe near antenna.

Currenlty still facing same issue the NFC device is not getting activated

Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

well, once the field is ON, a very nice 13.56MHz sine wave should be seen on the scope.

Can you set a breakpoint inside rfalFieldOnAndStartGT and step until the return and then probe the field.

Rgds

BT

cGosa.1
Senior

Hello

I have recently purchased 2 boards out of which one is working but another is not.

I have tried to check with another board (nucleo-nfc08a1) it is working properly the nfc cards are getting detected. but with another board as you suggested i tried to check inside rfalFieldOnAndStartGT function but still same wave is coming.

Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

I would suggest to return the defective board to your reseller and to ask him to send you a new one.

Rgds

BT