cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tag not detected with X-NUCLEO NFC08A1

cGosa.1
Senior

I am using X-NUCLEO NFC08A1 dev board & NUCLEO-L476RG base board with STM32 IDE. I want to detect NFC card on eval board but currently the card is not getting detected. can you please help to solve this issue.not able to receive data on serial port also.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
cGosa.1
Senior

Hello

I have recently purchased 2 boards out of which one is working but another is not.

I have tried to check with another board (nucleo-nfc08a1) it is working properly the nfc cards are getting detected. but with another board as you suggested i tried to check inside rfalFieldOnAndStartGT function but still same wave is coming.

View solution in original post

Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

I would suggest to return the defective board to your reseller and to ask him to send you a new one.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

which FW do you use:

What is the return code of st25r3916Initialize?

Do you see LEDs blinking forever?

Have you configured your serial terminal for 115200, no parity, 8 bits, 1 stop bit?

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
cGosa.1
Senior

I am using X-CUBE_NFC6. the leds are not blinking forever only once in the start they blink also TX LED pin keeps blinking.

I have configured serial port it shows initial Initialization succeeded message on serial terminal.

bit card is not getting detected.

Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

which tag do you use (manufacturer / model)? Can you try to read it with your smartphone using the ST NFC Tap application?

Rgds

BT

cGosa.1
Senior

Hi ,

I am using ST microelectronics - ST25V02K Card.

Hi,

please share more information. ST25TV02K is the name of the chip. But what is the actual card? Something from ST tag bags? Which one? Your own produced?

Did you verify the card is working by some other means? Maybe broken?

Regards, Ulysses

cGosa.1
Senior

Yes it is from ST tag bag it is a Type V card. I have checked the card works with other hardware .

Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

can you try to read other types of tags (such as NFC-A or NFC-B tags)?

Have you done any changes to the X-CUBE-NFC6 original code?

Can you probe the field with an oscilloscope?

Rgds

BT

Hi,

for being able to reproduce:

1. Please send a picture of the card
  2. I read you are using NUCLEO-L476. Inside the package is a precompiled binary for that combo. Does it happen with this binary as well?
  3. Is your system able to read other cards?

Regards, Ulysses

cGosa.1
Senior

ok i will check with other type of card meanwhile I have  STSW-ST25R-LIB - ST25 embedded NFC library also what exactly is difference in X-CUBE-NFC6 and other.

Also are there any other configurations required in example code because I a first time using NFC08A1 development board and STM32 IDE. So do let me know