cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST25R3916 / NFC08A1 Demo with Picopass / iclass

Kfinn
Visitor

Hi,

We are attempting to use the ST25R3916 and the RFAL middleware (NFC08A1 demo board) to read Picopass cards using the ISO14443B standards - however the cards we have (that we know work with older Picopass readers) are not detected. I understand the pico cards operate in a non standard way however I could do with some pointers as to where to look to be able to support reading these cards as well as more standard ISO11443 A/B cards.

Using the demo software NFC08A1 Polling Tag Detect - the software simply doesnt recognise these cards at all.

1 REPLY 1
Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi Kfinn,

I find some option in this tag to also support the ISO14443-3 type B protocol. How are your tags configured? If configured that way they should be discoverable in normal NFCB polling.

Otherwise these proprietary tags are only following on the physical layer the ISO14443-B standard (only 14443-2). So if you want to support them you will need to study their datasheet and support the commands on your own.

I.e. extend the polling loop from e.g. rfal_nfc.c with another set of commands to be sent from the existing RFAL_MODE_POLL_NFCB technology. First step: ACTALL + IDENTIFY

Please be careful about the used CRC, it may not be compatible with the CRC auto-generated by ST25R3916B.

BR, Ulysses