cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting point RF-Field turned on X-Cube-NFC6

CT-55555
Senior

Hello everyone,

I working with the X-Nucleo-NFC08A1 and the X-Cube-NFC6. I would like to know at what point in the program is the RF field turned on. 

The reason for this is that I would like to know how long a Tag has to be in the field to be ready for action.

Rgds

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

the RF field is turned on when the application decides to turn it on. I guess your question is more likely related to the guard time between the field being set on and the first command being sent to the tag.

The NFC Forum defines a guard time for each technologies (NFC-A/B/F/V): a listener device (i.e. a tag) shall be ready to accept commands after a GT guard time after the field has been set on. This means that a reader device has to wait at least this GT guard time before sending a command after its field has been set on. For NFC-V technology, this GT is 5 ms. Note that the ISO15693 has a lower value : The reader wait at least 1 ms after it activated the powering field before sending the first request, to ensure that the tags are ready to receive it.

The RFAL implements this NFC 5 ms guard time for the NFC-V technology. 

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

the RF field is turned on when the application decides to turn it on. I guess your question is more likely related to the guard time between the field being set on and the first command being sent to the tag.

The NFC Forum defines a guard time for each technologies (NFC-A/B/F/V): a listener device (i.e. a tag) shall be ready to accept commands after a GT guard time after the field has been set on. This means that a reader device has to wait at least this GT guard time before sending a command after its field has been set on. For NFC-V technology, this GT is 5 ms. Note that the ISO15693 has a lower value : The reader wait at least 1 ms after it activated the powering field before sending the first request, to ensure that the tags are ready to receive it.

The RFAL implements this NFC 5 ms guard time for the NFC-V technology. 

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.