cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST25R3916/X-NUCLEO-NFC06A1 on NUCLEOL476RG with ANT7-T-M24SR64. How to configure as lock/key type device?

Orphadox
Associate

I am looking to use the code provided (X-CUBE-NFC6) with modifications to have the ST25R3916(lock) and M24SR64(key) to act as a lock and key. I am able to read, format, and write to the tag using the provided program. How would I be able to make each individual tag only work with each individual reader to act as a lock and key?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

basically, the list of "allowed" UIDs can be stored in the flash memory of the STM32 (you need to have a way to provision this list). When the UID of a tag is read, it can then be compared to the "allowed" UIDs..

Depending on the security level you want to achieve, you can optional rely on the M24SR 128 bits password (in that case you have to first configure the tag and activate the password. See M24SR datasheet)

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

lock/key pairing mechanism is a user architecture choice. You can for example reply on the tag UID + M24SR 128 bits password.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Orphadox
Associate

Thank you for the response. I am very green to STM32 programming.

Where would I start to implement this on both the reader and the tag. I guess, how would I go about locking the NDEF to require the password/UID? And how would I get the reader to only accept that specific tag?

Thanks again.

Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

basically, the list of "allowed" UIDs can be stored in the flash memory of the STM32 (you need to have a way to provision this list). When the UID of a tag is read, it can then be compared to the "allowed" UIDs..

Depending on the security level you want to achieve, you can optional rely on the M24SR 128 bits password (in that case you have to first configure the tag and activate the password. See M24SR datasheet)

Rgds

BT