cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST25R3916 Select/SEL_REQ CL1 values

LltWc
Associate III

I'm working on writing drivers to use an ST25R3916B to interface with a non-ST host chip as an NFCIP-1 passive communication initiator. I've made progress on the communication to establish an active connection to a tag, but one part I'm stuck on is the response from the SEL_REQ CL1 command message. I'm expecting a 1-byte SAK, but instead I get a 3-byte response: 0x04 0xDA 0x17. When I ignore this response and move to the next stage of anticollision, I do then receive the next 4 bytes of the UID as expected.

What do the bytes 0x04 0xDA 0x17 mean in this case? Is it some information about the ST25R3916B's communications or the tag's contents? I looked through the RFAL for reference but could not find any information about the CL1 response, only the command. Any clarification would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

0x04 0xDA 0x17 means

• 0x04 UID not complete (i.e. next anti collision stage is needed)
  • 0xDA 0x17 is the CRC

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

0x04 0xDA 0x17 means

• 0x04 UID not complete (i.e. next anti collision stage is needed)
  • 0xDA 0x17 is the CRC

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.