cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST25R3916-AQET - How to read a text file

Geminus_Leonem
Associate II

Good Afternoon,

I am currently trying to read a text file from an NFC tag from an ST25R3916-AQET NFC reader connected to an STM32 microcontroller.

I have tried to make use of the example case offered by X-NUCLEO-NFC08A1 but it only shows how to detect a tag, not how to read from it. Is there any documentation or case examples that can help or guide me to my objective?

5 REPLIES 5
Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi Geminus_Leonem,

what you will need to typically use is NDEF. The X-CUBE-NFC6 should contain two applications, one of them showing how to read (and write) NDEF content.

More up to date is the NDEF demo in ST25 NFC lib.

BR, Ulysses

Hi Ulysses,

That is indeed the code I attempted to mention in my initial post. It reads the data block and UID from the tag but that's it.

Geminus_Leonem_0-1719237523161.png

I am trying to figure out how to read the text itself. 

I know that there is a "ndefRtdTextDump" function in the ndef_dump.c but I have yet to figure out how to call it and make use of it.

I haven't found any directions or help on the files so, again, any help regarding this would be appreciated.

Hi Geminus_Leonem,

your output seems to be from the non-NDEF project. Please see the folder:

2024-06-24_NFC6_projects.png

If the tag is properly formatted and has an NDEF then the PollingTagDetectNDEF projects should read the NDEF and display it.

BR, Ulysses

Thanks for the quick response!

But no, like I said, the NDEF code does not read the file, it just returns the data block and the UID.

If it was meant to do so then there might be an issue with the example code itself.

Geminus_Leonem_0-1719238962533.png

Geminus_Leonem
Associate II

Ahah! Just figured out the issue I think! 

Geminus_Leonem_0-1719239524190.png

Not quite sure what it was, to be honest... but it seems to be working now.

Still, I very much appreciate the assistance and apologize for bothering you with this Ulysses.