cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST25DV64KC FTM issue

mize
Associate II

hello,

I'm working on ST25DV64KC, especially on FTM mailbox function and EH power supply. Current situation is I need to test maxium frequency avaliable for supplied by EH(STM32L476VGT6 with ST25DV64KC) while communicating through mailbox(FTM). The plan is to modificate FTM part(of DISCOVERY firmware), and remove all related part of LCD/Touch screen source code, let a data transfer triggered by SW1 button and also compatibility the protocal  used on Andriod app.

However, I found it difficult to use the firmware on FTM because of lack of documentation of the part of source code, as it highly abstracted. So i wonder if there is other way(like some other example project/code provided) or a detailed docmutation i can refer to? thx

analysis only on code is suffering :(

mize_0-1716434018817.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cedric Dalban
ST Employee

Hello Mize,

looking at your message I have some few comments.

1) The FTM version you are currently using seems a bit old. A new version of package STSW-ST25DV002 has been recently delivered on st.com.
This version contains major updates for FTM component as we indeed identified the component was not really easy to integrate and was containing useless dependencies.
The new approach is aiming to make the FTM component to be fully agnostic from any HW/BSP; taking the assumption that all BSP related code is now embedded in a single header and a single source file (see point 2)). The new FTM component should no more have any dependency on LCD/Touch screen source code.
The FTM component is now providing some means to handle events through related callbacks, this will ease integration in multitask environments.

2) The new package contains a file (...\Middlewares\ST\ST25FTM\Docs\PortingFTM.txt) listing main actions to port the old FTM in your application to the new version.

3) Another package on st.com (STSW-ST25R-LIB) is using the FTM component and is providing some code example. I warmly recommend you to have a look to the provided examples.

4) Last point, you can find some few documentation on st.com related to the FTM:
- AN5512: details the FTM component APIs
- UM2949: details the FTM protocol
- UM3078: details the use of FTM component on Linux

Hoping all these info will help.

Best regards,
Cedric.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mize
Associate II

😁BTW Im aware of it's not suggeted to using FTM whiling supplied by EH because the performance denpend on current, i just need to evaluate this

Cedric Dalban
ST Employee

Hello Mize,

looking at your message I have some few comments.

1) The FTM version you are currently using seems a bit old. A new version of package STSW-ST25DV002 has been recently delivered on st.com.
This version contains major updates for FTM component as we indeed identified the component was not really easy to integrate and was containing useless dependencies.
The new approach is aiming to make the FTM component to be fully agnostic from any HW/BSP; taking the assumption that all BSP related code is now embedded in a single header and a single source file (see point 2)). The new FTM component should no more have any dependency on LCD/Touch screen source code.
The FTM component is now providing some means to handle events through related callbacks, this will ease integration in multitask environments.

2) The new package contains a file (...\Middlewares\ST\ST25FTM\Docs\PortingFTM.txt) listing main actions to port the old FTM in your application to the new version.

3) Another package on st.com (STSW-ST25R-LIB) is using the FTM component and is providing some code example. I warmly recommend you to have a look to the provided examples.

4) Last point, you can find some few documentation on st.com related to the FTM:
- AN5512: details the FTM component APIs
- UM2949: details the FTM protocol
- UM3078: details the use of FTM component on Linux

Hoping all these info will help.

Best regards,
Cedric.

Hi cedric,

thx for your warmly reply. DOCs you mentioned are helpful.

Current demo version i'm using is 2.2.1, I assuming it's the lastest one. 

As I've checked, this FTM example is based on state machine process, and it takes me a while to figured out that as datalength is set and turn to shown in figure 41, it's wating for a reader to trigger the process. (later i found it said in um2949🙄

☹️If it's possible I do hope there could be a state transition flow chart that can describe the overall work flow for a better understanding. 

many thanks and best regard

mize_0-1716517100122.png

mize_1-1716517243094.png