cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST25DV64K ignoring address in GPO interrupt request

nhedler
Associate

I opened a ticket in the ST online support system and was pointed to this forum for support.

I have a device that uses the ST25DV64K and I'm talking to it using the ST25R3911B-DISCO board and the corresponding Discovery GUI from ST. The documentation for the tag chip says that any addressed request will not be executed if the UID does not match the tag's UID. When I send an addressed GPO interrupt request (looks like 22A902[uid]80), all tags that receive the request - not just the matching UID - send an interrupt. I have confirmed that the GPO configuration registers are set correctly (0x84, RF_INTERRUPT_EN and GPO_EN enabled, all other bits disabled), so - as far as I'm able to determine - this appears to be an issue with the chip, as I can't see any indication that the DISCO board could be causing this behavior.

This misbehavior is causing failures in our testing, so if anyone from ST could advise on how to correct the issue, we would appreciate any available information.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JL. Lebon
ST Employee

Hello, 

This is indeed a known issue with the ST25DVxxK. Please refer to the errata sheet available here https://www.st.com/resource/en/errata_sheet/es0616-st25dv04k-st25dv16k-and-st25dv64k-device-limitations-stmicroelectronics.pdf. The issue and possible workarounds are described in 1.1.2 of this document.

Another solution than workarounds described in this errata sheet would be to switch to the newer ST25DVxxKC. This issue is fixed in this KC version (the ST25DV64K is not recommended for new design (NRND) as stated in the st.com related page). This is the solution I recommend. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JL. Lebon
ST Employee

Hello, 

This is indeed a known issue with the ST25DVxxK. Please refer to the errata sheet available here https://www.st.com/resource/en/errata_sheet/es0616-st25dv04k-st25dv16k-and-st25dv64k-device-limitations-stmicroelectronics.pdf. The issue and possible workarounds are described in 1.1.2 of this document.

Another solution than workarounds described in this errata sheet would be to switch to the newer ST25DVxxKC. This issue is fixed in this KC version (the ST25DV64K is not recommended for new design (NRND) as stated in the st.com related page). This is the solution I recommend. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards.