cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple C# interface for read/write - what to use?

DDve.1
Associate II

Hi! I develop access system using NFC(14443-A) tags on Windows(.NET) platform + USB ST25R3911B-DISCO. I need simple API to read/write my data to the tag (like person name or ID, nothing secure). What API(and library) I have to use? I'm lost in all possible libs. :( I successfully run (and understood) demo 'Demo_dll_main.cs', but I need write sample too (no any secure things, just plain data). Thanks!

21 REPLIES 21

Ulysses, one more question: if I have ANY "ISO 14443-A"-compliant card (of any Type), is it enough to write any of 'em with ONE function? Or I need separate "writeType1tag", "writeType2tag", "writeType4tag"? 

Hi,

iso14443 does not specify anything about reading and writing memory. NFC Forum defines standard card types on the basis of pre-existing proprietary cards, e.g. T2T interface for MifareUltralight and others. T4T for cards basing on a smartcard interface implementing T=CL/ISODEP/Layer4.

The tab I mentioned previously is called "Nfc Type 2" in the 3911 GUI.

I think you have two options: Become a member of NFC Forum, download the specs - especially NFC Forum T4T, and use it to implement your own procedures to read/write T2Tag, T4Tag, ....

Or base on other software, either the ST25 SDK or the embedded ST25 NFC Lib which are implementing these procedures. The aim of our "Disco" deliveries is to discover the reader chip, not to provide stacks and all the high-level procedures to read all possible tags in the world.

Regards, Ulysses