cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST25R3911 using without a library

Stasevich
Associate II

Can anyone suggest ,pls, what should be the sequence of the registers configuration for ST25R3911 as a 14443-A reader , and the mechanism for sending and receiving APDU commands. Taking into account that there is no possibility to use the library (not a STM controller is used in the project)

I am trying to analyze the dialogue between the ST25 and the controller on the ST25R3911B-DISCO board using log.analyzer (file in attachment) .

For example,the user manual for PN7150(NXP) have clear instructions in which register and what value should be written in order to send APDU. If something similar exists for ST - I'lll be glad for any hint .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

the library is designed to be scalable and to be portable across various MCU. So my recommandation would be to use the ST25 Embedded NFC library and to port it on your MCU. The library is provided as C source files.

Customizations for a given MCU are located in platfom.h through function-like macros.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

the library is designed to be scalable and to be portable across various MCU. So my recommandation would be to use the ST25 Embedded NFC library and to port it on your MCU. The library is provided as C source files.

Customizations for a given MCU are located in platfom.h through function-like macros.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi Stasevich,

there is also a fundamental difference between PN7150 and the ST25R3911B: PN7150 is an NFC controller talking NCI - so it is meant to abstract all lower protocol details from the user. ST25R3911B is a frontend which allows the user to influence all details of protocol implementation - even allowing to implement completely proprietary schemes.

Regards, Ulysses