cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

selecting an iso1443a card and find out its UID by st25r3911b directly

DAbba
Associate II

Hello everyone ,

I have my own PCB which its antenna connection is so similar to ST25R3911B-Disco - MB1325C-01 board , but my cpu is st32f407 , and base on ST25R3911B_DISCO_FW_v1_2_00 and also stm8_nfc05 I want to read UID at the first step .

rfalInitialize() == ERR_NONE is ok

and

void EXTI9_5_IRQHandler(void)
{
  /* USER CODE BEGIN EXTI9_5_IRQn 0 */

HAL_GPIO_EXTI_IRQHandler(GPIO_PIN_8);
  while(  HAL_GPIO_ReadPin (GPIOD,GPIO_PIN_8))
  {

st25r3911Isr();
  }

}

is working fine .

but I do not know what sequence and which commands should be send to do it .

I have try in wakup mode by :

st25r3911Initialize();

find=iso14443AInitialize();

find=iso14443ASelect(ISO14443A_CMD_REQA , &card, 0);

dispute that find=0 when Mifare card is there , but card.uid in incoorect and card.actlength =0 !!

could you please help me in that issue ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire Poulain
ST Employee

Hi Dariush,

Thank you for the sources shared.

It seems that there is still a mix of parts between the ST25R3911 DISCO and NUCLEO FWs.

Unfortunately it's very difficult to assist you with the issues you are facing via the Community.

I suggest you contact your sales representative in order to obtain support for your project.

Kind regards

GP

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Grégoire Poulain
ST Employee

Hi Dariush,

It looks like there is some confusion regarding SW packages and HW platforms.

You mention that you have started on the DISCO demo, then you mention the STM8 NFC05 demo, and in the previous ticket you also mentioned the STM32 NFC05.

Currently there are 3 separate demos available with three different FWs for different platforms:

• STM32L4 NUCLEO + X-NUCLEO-NFC05A1 -> X-CUBE-NFC5
  • STM8S NUCLEO + X-NUCLEO-NFC05A1 -> STSW-STM8-NFC5
  • ST25R3911-DISCO -> STSW-ST25R002

Please make use of the correct FW package for the corresponding platform (MCU + expansion / board).

Please find our questions/remarks bellow:

• The code snippets you shared are from different different MCUs (STM8 vs STM32).
  • Can you please clarify what is actually your full HW setup?
  • The latest code snippet has the ST25R3911B ISR on EXTI9 (pin D9) which is not any of our default demos, so it looks you are using your won board/project. Is this correct?
  • On the code snippets you are using methods that are only available on the DISCO demo. As a base project we would recommend to use the NUCLEO demo instead as it a much simpler demo with far less dependencies.
  • You refer you do not know the sequence to activate a card and retrieve its UID. Please refer to the NUCLEO demo, it shows exactly that.

Kind regards

GP

DAbba
Associate II

0690X000006CUTGQA4.jpgDear Gregoire

Thank you for you reply,

As I told I have made my own HW ( st25r3911b and its antenna connected to stm32f407 , I will send its cube file .

The major of my SW project is ST25R3911B_DISCO_FW_v1_2 which I port it to stm32f407.

As I could not make a proper USB connection to ST25R3911B Discovery GUI .exe or ST25PC-NFC.exe ( I can not really find why and it was a big problem in other distinction which has no result ) I decided to use only demo.c and demo.h files from stm8_nfc05 to make it in my own project .

I tried to find NUCLEO demo but I could not , could you please tell me in which file i can find it ?

I was hard to attach all project , so I just send some principle files .

I will send my project also for you to check it , and I will appropriate you a lot if you can help me .

DAbba
Associate II

DAbba
Associate II

DAbba
Associate II

Grégoire Poulain
ST Employee

Hi Dariush,

Thank you for the sources shared.

It seems that there is still a mix of parts between the ST25R3911 DISCO and NUCLEO FWs.

Unfortunately it's very difficult to assist you with the issues you are facing via the Community.

I suggest you contact your sales representative in order to obtain support for your project.

Kind regards

GP