cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On ST25DV after writing to FTM buffer cannot write to EEPROM via I2C.

NKern.1
Associate II

app_twi_perform() returns 0x03 == NRF_ERROR_INTERNAL.

Reset board with button does not help.

After Power Cycle can update EEPROM successfully.

Accessing FTM buffer with proprietary smartphone app.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JL. Lebon
ST Employee

Hello,

Sorry, it is a little bit difficult to help with so few information...

Nevertheless, I think your problem may be that you try to write into EEPROM with the FTM activated.

As explained in the ST25DV datasheet (https://www.st.com/resource/en/datasheet/st25dv04k.pdf) chapter "5.1.2 Fast transfer mode usage" in the "caution" paragraph of page 25, it is not possible to write into EEPROM if FTM is activated (meaning of bit 0 of MB_CTRL_Dyn register value is 1).

A "power on/off cycle" reset the MB_CTRL_Dyn register, thus deactivating the FTM, which can explain why you can write EEPROM after the ON/OFF cycle. Not sure about the "reset board" since I don't know what board you are talking about.

So, my suggestion is to try to disable FTM before trying to write into EEPROM.

Best regards.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JL. Lebon
ST Employee

Hello,

Sorry, it is a little bit difficult to help with so few information...

Nevertheless, I think your problem may be that you try to write into EEPROM with the FTM activated.

As explained in the ST25DV datasheet (https://www.st.com/resource/en/datasheet/st25dv04k.pdf) chapter "5.1.2 Fast transfer mode usage" in the "caution" paragraph of page 25, it is not possible to write into EEPROM if FTM is activated (meaning of bit 0 of MB_CTRL_Dyn register value is 1).

A "power on/off cycle" reset the MB_CTRL_Dyn register, thus deactivating the FTM, which can explain why you can write EEPROM after the ON/OFF cycle. Not sure about the "reset board" since I don't know what board you are talking about.

So, my suggestion is to try to disable FTM before trying to write into EEPROM.

Best regards.

NKern.1
Associate II

Thank you, JL.

That indeed was the case. Appreciate your advice and great customer support.

EDIT. Sometimes it still crashes when setting MB_CTRL_Dyn register.