cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I program my ST25DV board for NFC communication with my own application specifications?

NZama.1
Associate III

Hey, Can you please help me with using ST25DV64KC board. With stm32L476VGT6 core M4 processor.

I want to do NFC communication. I couldn't find anything on the internet or youtube about how to program it.

Somewhere, i read that we have to download the firmware for our board. And it contains the source code..

I downloaded the firmware for my Board from the ST community website. But when I run it it gives me errors. I am trying to resolve these erros from two to three days. But they are not completely removed. The software I am using is STM32 Cube IDE. I want to ask the following questions:

1) Is the firmware code the only way to do NFC Communication? And am I doing something wrong?

2) The IDE that I am using is Stm32 Cube IDE. Does the firmware code supports this? Or it is written for Keil?

3) Do the package contains file that should be removed in order to run it in Stm32 Cube ide.

I will be grateful if you can help me with my questions. Thank you very much.

Best Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @NZama.1​,

The first zip file I sent was to be copied into the original package from st.com STSW-ST25DV002 as it is in the zip into Projects\ST25DV-Discovery\Demonstrations\ST25DVDemo\, so that you have it like this Projects\ST25DV-Discovery\Demonstrations\ST25DVDemo\NFC_Final. Then double click on .cproject to open it into STM32CubeIDE (don't use the IOC file as it is not updated).

Nevertheless, I have updated your package to fix the compilation and attached to this message.

I hope this will help you.

Kind Regards.

View solution in original post

38 REPLIES 38
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

which FW package do you use? Is your board the ST25DV64KC-DISCO?

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
NZama.1
Associate III

I downloaded this firmware package (Source file):

https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/stsw-st25dv002.html

and yes the board is ST25DV64KC-DISCO.

Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

"1) Is the firmware code the only way to do NFC Communication? And am I doing something wrong?"

The NFC RF communication is handled autonomously by the ST25DV64KC. There is no need for FW. As soon as the ST25DV64KC is in the operating volume of a NFC reader, it will answer to the reader requests.

FW is needed for I2C communication between the STM32 MCU and the ST25DV64KC (typically to retrieve the content of mailbox).

If I am not wrong, the board is delivered with its FW being already downloaded. I would suggest to play with the various menus before using the source code.

"2) The IDE that I am using is Stm32 Cube IDE. Does the firmware code supports this? Or it is written for Keil?"

Keil µVision is being used to built this project. Porting to STM32CubeIDE should be feasible.

"3) Do the package contains file that should be removed in order to run it in Stm32 Cube ide."

STM32CubeIDE needs the appropriate startup_stm32l476vgtx.s startup file and potentially syscalls.c and sysmem.c. I would suggest to use STM32CubeMX to generate project skeletons for STM32CubeIDE and for Keil µVision to find which changes are needed for STM32CubeIDE.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

this is  ST25DV64KC-DISCO with STSW-ST25DV002 (Firmware for ST25DV64KC-DISCO kit). If you simply want to download the original FW on the board, use the STSW-ST25DV002 Firmware for ST25DV64KC-DISCO kit (Binary) 2.1.0. Connect the STLink USB, an MB1396 virtual drive should appear on your PC, then drag and drop the binary into the MB1396 drive. Press the reset button (black) and this should work.

Rgds

BT

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000biF9OQAU.pngI just want to do NFC communication with the processor on this board. According to my own application. I also want to use the daughterboard to complete my task. So, to code for it I was asking that how can I accompalish it? That is why I downloaded the firmware so I could program it accordingly by my own.

Regards.

NZama.1
Associate III

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000biFA2QAM.png SW-ST25DV002   (Firmware for ST25DV64KC-DISCO kit).

Hi,

if you need to write your own application, you can use the source code: STSW-ST25DV002SC Firmware for ST25DV64KC-DISCO kit (Source).

Then, if your IDE is not Keil µVision, you will have to port to your own IDE (STM32CubeMX can help you to generate the application skeleton).

Feel free to share more details about your application so that we can better support you.

Rgds

BT

Thankyou for your reply. I downloaded the firmware source code but when I compiled it, I am getting the following error in two nfc source files:

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000biOvwQAE.pngIt is not just one error, the whole file is filled with errors:

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000biOwyQAE.pngThe file that is causing the error is : (st25_discovery_nfctag.c file in Drivers Package same is the case with st25_discovery_st25r.c file)

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000biOxSQAU.pngPlease help me If I can do something to remove these errors.

Hi,

please concentrate on the first few errors reported, not on the last ones. Here it is important to have the complete error message.

Regards, Ulysses