cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Following a ReqRN request (to obtain the handle) 4 bytes are received. Can Anyone tell me what those 4 bytes are? Or where in those 4 bytes the handle in located? TIA

CShac
Associate III

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Chris,

did you send the Req_RN command while the tag was in the Acknowledged state? Note: if the Req_RN is not sent within the T2 timing constraint the tag will leave the Acknowledged state and return to the Arbitrate state. Please check the required timing constraints and the tag state diagram in the Gen2V2 spec.

Cheers,

B

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Bart Herse
Senior II

Hello Andrew,

the first two bytes are the Handle/RN16 and the remaining bytes are CRC-16. Please check the Gen2V2 spec. or the ISO18000-63 standard.

Cheers,

B

CShac
Associate III

Many thanks. I assumed as much however it seems sometimes the CRC is not valid, but that ok I can work with that.

Hi Bart,

Further to my question. I seem unable to ever retrieve an RN and matching CRC when using the REQ_Rn Direct command. The Rx length register is set up to receive 4 bytes and an EPC code has been successfully read prior to the Direct Command 9Fh being issued

Hello Chris,

did you send the Req_RN command while the tag was in the Acknowledged state? Note: if the Req_RN is not sent within the T2 timing constraint the tag will leave the Acknowledged state and return to the Arbitrate state. Please check the required timing constraints and the tag state diagram in the Gen2V2 spec.

Cheers,

B

CShac
Associate III

Hi Bart,

My apologies, yes I believe my timing was slightly out. I have now solved this issue.

Thanks for coming back to this.

Chris