cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CR95HF: Intermittent Invalid Protocol - 0x83

ABirj.1
Associate

Hello Folks,

We intermittently see an "invalid protocol - 0x83' error while reading data.

send_cmd 0x04 0x04 0x16 0x00 0x00 0x00

rcv_hdr 0x83 0x00

This happens intermittently and I have not been successful in reproducing the error.

Usually a restart or connect helps to resolve the error.

Any pointers on what is causing the error and how to reproduce it on a testing environment?

Best Regards,

Abhi.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi Abhi,

can you provide more information about the firmware being used:

• is it based on RFAL from X-CUBE-NFC3 (or from ST25 Embedded NFC library) or is it a custom firmware implementing the commands from the datasheet?
  • do you use SPI or UART interface?
  • do you use the IRQ_OUT or SPI polling mechanism for reading response from the CR95HF?
  • on MCU side, do you use a RTOS with different tasks accessing the CR95HF?

I suspect that sometimes the SendRcvd command is used while the protocol has been reset to field off.

Can you connect a logic analyser on SPI (CLK, SS, MISO, MOSI) +IRQ_OUT and provide a trace?

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi Abhi,

can you provide more information about the firmware being used:

• is it based on RFAL from X-CUBE-NFC3 (or from ST25 Embedded NFC library) or is it a custom firmware implementing the commands from the datasheet?
  • do you use SPI or UART interface?
  • do you use the IRQ_OUT or SPI polling mechanism for reading response from the CR95HF?
  • on MCU side, do you use a RTOS with different tasks accessing the CR95HF?

I suspect that sometimes the SendRcvd command is used while the protocol has been reset to field off.

Can you connect a logic analyser on SPI (CLK, SS, MISO, MOSI) +IRQ_OUT and provide a trace?

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.