cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not detect a T5T tag with x-nucleo-nfc03a1

sofiabv
Associate

Hi, I am having some problems with my inplementation.

Here is my scenary:

+ I am using a STEVAL-SAMARTAG1 with one shot mode example code, as my T5T tag.

+ I am using a NUCLEO-F722ZE board with x-nucleo-nfc03a1 as my NFC reader. 

My first problem is that when I ask x-nucleo-nfc03a1 which is it chip ID, I always get the string ‘NFC FS2JAST4’ with some characters wrong, for example 'N#C FS'.

Then I try to detect the tag, and I get as an aswer: 0x0E 0x83 0x80 or 0x0E 0x87.

I know 0x87 is invalid protocol, but I think I am initializing the reader correctly.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I do not see reason why the NUCLEO-F722ZE could have incompatibility with the ST25R95. 

Can you start a debugger and share more information about the failure in st25r95Initialize. Have you properly configured the IRQ_IN, IRQ_OUT and SSI0 GPIOs? What is the SPI clock configuration? Make sure the SPI is < 2Mbps. 

This will be difficult to provide support without have visibility through logic analyzer traces. Make sure to have someone helping you to get traces.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

do you use the X-CUBE-NFC3 firmware package or the ST25 embedded NFC library from st.com or your own implementation? Which communication interface is being used: SPI or UART? What is your SPI configuration (in particular the SPI baud rate)? See typical SPI configuration below:

BrianTIDAL_0-1706126589320.png

Can you connect a logic analyzer (Salae, Digiview, picoscope, etc.) on SPI (CLK/MOSI/MISO/CS) + IRQ_IN + IRQ_OUT and send me the raw file?

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
sofiabv
Associate

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. I'm still stuck. I am using spi communication. I try to connect a logic analyzer unsuccessfully.

First I was using my own implementation, but I also try to use the ST example code adapted for NUCLEO-F722ZE board but it did not work. It fails inside the function st25r95Initialize.

I want to know if NUCLEO-F722ZE board is compatible with x-nucleo-nfc03a1, or if I should use another board.

Any suggestion on how to go on is welcome, as I must move forward with my university project.

Best regards,

Sofia

Hi,

I do not see reason why the NUCLEO-F722ZE could have incompatibility with the ST25R95. 

Can you start a debugger and share more information about the failure in st25r95Initialize. Have you properly configured the IRQ_IN, IRQ_OUT and SSI0 GPIOs? What is the SPI clock configuration? Make sure the SPI is < 2Mbps. 

This will be difficult to provide support without have visibility through logic analyzer traces. Make sure to have someone helping you to get traces.

Rgds

BT