cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why STEVAL-SPIN3201 not work without USB

ARodr.12
Associate

Hi,

I have kit STEVAL-SPIN3201 and now i have a expirience with controling my motor. But i never was able to start board without USB cable. It's seems like board need USB voltage for start microcontroller. So it can not start without USB. But if i then remove the USB, it works. But if i push the RESET button later, it does not work again until restarting kit with USB. So i need understand why it becouse in future i want to design my pcb.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hello @ARodr.12​ and welcome to the ST Community.

The STSPIN32F0 RESET signal (NRST) is connected to the ST-LINK reset (T_NRST) through the jumper J8.

Try to open J8 jumper and check if STSPIN32F0 operation is independent by USB connection.

Let me know your feedback.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hello @ARodr.12​ and welcome to the ST Community.

The STSPIN32F0 RESET signal (NRST) is connected to the ST-LINK reset (T_NRST) through the jumper J8.

Try to open J8 jumper and check if STSPIN32F0 operation is independent by USB connection.

Let me know your feedback.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution"
ARodr.12
Associate

Thank you! It work. Moreover, i found a bug in my program.

Hi @ARodr.12​, good!

I’m glad everything is working.

Remember to "Select as Best" label in the proper reply to your original question.

So, you can help others Community member to find the answer at similar question.

Hello

Same problem,  STEVAL-SPIN3201 does not start without usb power.  If J8 is open, need to press reset button after connecting usb, if  J8 is short- no need to press reset, its reset automatically. After board is starting, no need usb power anymore.

Example is standart from MotorControl Workbench 6.1.2