cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STWBC86 config

MikeP
Associate III

Hello

I think its a config issue with my STWBC86, but im not sure. 

Im having a strange issue where the CHG pin on my recieve circuit is dropping to 0V for roughly 300us which triggers an interrupt in my system to think that its been woken up. This happens very 2000ms (ping interval) preventing the STM process for going to sleep. 

The STWBC86 is powered from 12V and my recieve circuitry is powered from a Lipo battery (4.7V Nom) originally it was overheating so I was kindly adviced to switch the config to Half bridge mode.

This happens on both the ST Development and my custom board design when powered from 12V, It happens at 5V as well and has a similar waveform each time - which is why I think its configuration issue and not an interferrance thing

Any help or pointers would be appreciated

Mike

3 REPLIES 3
willzhou
ST Employee

Hi

We suggest to use 5V input for STWBC86, if you use 12V input, you must use "Half bridge mode".

please try attach cfg file.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi, Thanks for your fast reply. 

I already have it set to half bridge mode, but to be sure I've used your attached config.

Unfortunatly im still seeing the issue where my CHG line drops very very brifefly every 2s

MikeP
Associate III

Oh the blip also happens when the transmitter is powered from 5V