cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STUSB4700 Set PD voltage to 12V 3A with Factory setting

Erwin_N
Associate II

How do i set the STUSB4700 so that it sources 12V 3A with the help of the GPIO pins (NO SOFTWARE)
I read in the datasheet that there are several standard PDO configurations, selectable via GPIOs. But how? How do I say that i just want the PD controller to source 12V 3A?

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
Kai_Satone
Associate III

@Erwin_N 
You can use this

STUSB4700 to source 12V 3A using GPIO pins, configure GPIO0, GPIO1, and GPIO2 to the appropriate states based on the datasheet's standard PDO configurations. For 12V 3A, set GPIO0 to LOW, GPIO1 to HIGH, and GPIO2 to HIGH. This configuration should match the required PDO for 12V 3A output.

Thank you for your reaction

To be sure, I do not need to do any other configurations but just Pull GPIO0 to GND and GPIO1 and GPIO2 pulled up to 5V (?)  But where does STUSB4700  get its 12V from then? What is then the connection between the STUSB4700  and the power source? since the feedback loop of the step down regulator mentioned in the datasheet is not connected to the GPIOs.

Thank you in advance.

I forgot to mention:
I have a device (DFP) which connects to the UFP port of the hub IC on my PCB, but this device sinks power (12V negotiated). So my CC lines connect to the PD controller where it will be indicated as DFP (?). Will this also affect the data direction? Because data has to go from the device to the hub.

DATA: Device --> HUB
POWER: Supply --> Device

Thanks in advance.

@Erwin_N 
Try this

• Configure GPIOs: Pull GPIO0 to GND and GPIO1 and GPIO2 to 5V to set the STUSB4700 for 12V 3A output.

• Power Source Connection: Connect the 12V power supply to the STUSB4700's VBUS input.

• CC Line Configuration: Connect the CC lines from the device to the STUSB4700 to indicate DFP.

• Data Direction: Ensure the data lines from the device (UFP) connect to the hub's upstream port (DFP) to allow proper data flow.

Thank you.

I cannot find any information in the datasheet about this: 

• Configure GPIOs: Pull GPIO0 to GND and GPIO1 and GPIO2 to 5V to set the STUSB4700 for 12V 3A output.

Can you give a reference?