cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STEVAL-STSPIN3202 eval board not found on OSX

VChan.2
Associate II

Hi,

I have a STEVAL-STSPIN3202 evaluation board and trying to setup the environment on MacOS. When I plug in the eval board with a USB B cable to my MacBook, I don’t see a device in both ls /dev/tty* and ls /dev/cu*

No devices even when I do, ioreg -p IOUSB 

PortableA2-2:AllPlatforms jaimeyu$ ioreg -p IOUSB 

+-o Root <class IORegistryEntry, id 0x100000100, retain 15>

+-o AppleUSBXHCI Root Hub Simulation@14000000 <class AppleUSBRootHubDevice, id 0x100000313, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (10 ms), retain 78>

+-o BRCM20702 Hub@14300000 <class AppleUSBDevice, id 0x100030b17, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (2 ms), retain 25>

| +-o Bluetooth USB Host Controller@14330000 <class AppleUSBDevice, id 0x100030b75, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (2 ms), retain 30>

+-o Apple Internal Keyboard / Trackpad@14400000 <class AppleUSBDevice, id 0x100030b2a, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (16 ms), retain 28>

I also tried downloading the STLINK upgrade found here. https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/development-tools/software-development-tools/stm32-software-development-tools/stm32-programmers/stsw-link007.html

Ran it with ‘java -jar STLinkUpgrade.jar’ but I don’t see any devices under the list of devices. Screenshot attached.

I also have stlink installed with home-brew (brew install stlink)

On the eval board LD1 is blinking RED. Kindly help me debug this issue as I want to setup my dev environment on my MacBook.

Thanks,

VImal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Did you power the board before connecting to the MacBook?

The right sequence is:

1 apply the VM power supply to STEVAL-STSPIN3202 (J2 connector, the DL1 (red) LED turns on)

2 Connect the board to the PC through the USB cable

You can find more details on the  STEVAL-STSPIN3202 in user manual UM2278

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Did you power the board before connecting to the MacBook?

The right sequence is:

1 apply the VM power supply to STEVAL-STSPIN3202 (J2 connector, the DL1 (red) LED turns on)

2 Connect the board to the PC through the USB cable

You can find more details on the  STEVAL-STSPIN3202 in user manual UM2278

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution"
VChan.2
Associate II

That was it! Thanks a lot, Cristiana

I have another question regarding environment setup on mac.

• I am trying out the 2.5.2.3 build with system workbench for STM32 under the below sw package

https://www.st.com/resource/en/user_manual/dm00446043-getting-started-with-the-stswspin3202-and-stswspin3204-firmware-packages-stmicroelectronics.pdf

• Imported the STSPIN32F0_Potentiometer and STSPIN32F0_Uart projects in ac6 system workbench
  • When I tried to build it. I am getting the following build error
20:25:45 **** Build of configuration Debug for project STSPIN32F0_Potentiometer ****
make all 
User/subdir.mk:23: *** target pattern contains no `%'.  Stop.

20:25:45 Build Finished (took 133ms)

The corresponding line on subdir.mk (generated file)

User/main_32F0.o: /Applications/STM32CubeIDE.app/Contents/MacOS/C:/GITshared/Cube/Stspin32f0_6steps_v1/stm32_cube/Projects/Multi/Examples/MotionControl/STEVAL-SPIN3202/Src/main_32F0.c
	@echo 'Building file: $<'
	@echo 'Invoking: MCU GCC Compiler'
	arm-none-eabi-gcc -mthumb -mfloat-abi=soft -O0 -g3 -Wall -fmessage-length=0 -ffunction-sections -c -MMD -MP -MF"$(@:%.o=%.d)" -MT"$@" -o "$@" "$<"
	@echo 'Finished building: $<'
	@echo ' '
  • The build settings show Orphaned configuration. No base extension cfg exists for com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.gnu.managedbuild.config.exe.debug.774078966 (Screenshot attached)

Let me know if I have to close this and take this topic to a different forum. Appreciate your help

My suggestion is to open a new post to address this programming problem (as you already made 😉 )