cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STEVAL-SPIN3201 disk size.

Liam G
Associate II

When I connect the board, the SPIN32F0 removable drive (E:) that Windows sees is only 8KB. Reading User Manual UM2152: "....when the binary size is close to the 32 Kbytes maximum limit of the STSPIN32F0 (this is the case of the example binaries)".

Clearly not enum'ing to the correct size and too small to load any of the examples.

May be related. Windows 8 Device Manager shows ST-Link drivers correctly installed (and they work with other eval boards). However I cannot connect with ST-Link V4.4.0 0 utility (Can not connect to target Error). Connect LED flickers red/green.

Device Connect in ST-LINK firmware upgrade can see the target Firmware (V2.J24.M11) and suggests upgrade to J33.M25

STM32 ST-Link utility: V4.4.0.0

STLink USB Driver .dll v5.1.1.0

STLin_CLI.exe v3.4.0.0

4 REPLIES 4
DSand.2
Associate II

Ever figure this out? I'm experiencing the same issue. I've already upgraded the firmware, which made the drive larger, but it seems that something invisible is still using some of the space. I'm using VirtualBox running Windows on a Mac, so perhaps that is the problem.

Liam G
Associate II

Yes I did. It's a while ago now, but I seem to recall that the answer was really dumb. You have to power the STSPIN device (ie via the board main power connections) as well as the C103 MCU that is acting as the JTAG connection. Relying on JTAG to power the C103 is insufficient.

DSand.2
Associate II

Hah, yeah, same problem -- I thought the USB connection to the computer was enough, but it needed the main power.

Who would think that the drive would work but show a different size depending on where it gets power from?! So surprising!

Thanks!

SBerg.2
Associate

I powered both of them and still had problems.

I think the issue was the ST-Link firmware version. Since I updated it with the ST-Link Utility tool, flashing via USB flash drive works again.

You can also use ST-Link Utility to flash the binary, but is not as convenient as through the USB flash drive mode.

I triggered st-link to connect and quickly pressed reset. Only then did it connect.