cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

L9026 Device ID Value

krishnapalepu
Associate

Recently started working on the L9026 Device,  as an initial setup, trying to read the Device ID.

With The L9026 Evaluation board Device ID is read as 0x55,

With L9026 Placed on the Our Target Board, Device ID is read as 0x56, 

Was surprised with the response of Target Board, Would you please us, what is the Device ID expected for this Chip and How it is programmed?

Quick response will be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

No, it doesn't matter where the devices come from. However, I am quite sure that your target boards have younger L9026 soldered on than the eval board. There are also other die revisions and markings, which can also be found on the respective packaging sticker:

• L9026
  • L9026 BA
  • L9026 BB
  • L9026 BC

All these types have identical behaviour, but show their ID in the SPI register CHIP_ID.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @krishnapalepu, to the community!

Please compare the markings on the two devices. I am quite sure that the L9026 of the eval board has the marking L9026 BB, but the one on your target board has L9026 BC, right?

The different die revisions also have different CHIP_ID, which can be found in the data sheet, section 11.6.1. Revision BB has the value 0x55, that of BC is unfortunately not yet noted, but may well have 0x56.

Hope this helps?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the quick reply. on the EVAL boards i can see BB label on L9026 Chip, i don't see any label on L9026 Chip on the Actual Target Board.

Eval boards are purchased here in the USA, while our target boards are manufactured in India, Does it make any difference.

Thanks,
Krishna

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

No, it doesn't matter where the devices come from. However, I am quite sure that your target boards have younger L9026 soldered on than the eval board. There are also other die revisions and markings, which can also be found on the respective packaging sticker:

• L9026
  • L9026 BA
  • L9026 BB
  • L9026 BC

All these types have identical behaviour, but show their ID in the SPI register CHIP_ID.