cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I rotate my stepper motor for 1 single rotation using the L6472 evaluation board EVAL6472H-DISC along with the standard SPINFamily Evaluation Software GUI. I can rotate my stepper motor at a continuous speed.

RJohn.4
Associate

I have created a .sfc file which I successfully write to my stepper motor. I need to drive the motor in Full step mode (which I am doing at present). Stepper motor is a 1.8deg motor - so 200 steps per complete revolution.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dario CUCCHI
ST Employee

Hi @RJohn.4​ and welcome to the ST Community !

You can use the "Move" command in the Positioning Tab, as shown in the picture below.

0693W000008G1vvQAC.png 

For your motor, using the full step mode, you have to specify 200 steps in the parameter of the command.

If this post answers to your question, please consider to click on "Select as Best" label here below.

Have a good day !

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Dario CUCCHI
ST Employee

Hi @RJohn.4​ and welcome to the ST Community !

You can use the "Move" command in the Positioning Tab, as shown in the picture below.

0693W000008G1vvQAC.png 

For your motor, using the full step mode, you have to specify 200 steps in the parameter of the command.

If this post answers to your question, please consider to click on "Select as Best" label here below.

Have a good day !

Hi Dario, Thank you for providing the solution. In fact shortly after I had posted my question, I had found the SPINfamily user manual and read it - so found the solution.