cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 fase 380 v motor driver

SDall
Associate II

hi I wanted to design a driver for the control of a 380v three-phase analog current motor, in a nutshell a classic inverter that modulates the frequency of the phases and therefore the number of revolutions of the motor. which board do you recommend?

4 REPLIES 4
Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hello @SDall​,

could you give more information about your application requirements?

For example:

• Current ratings?
  • which driving method you would like to use? FOC or 6-step? Sensored or Sensorless?
  • Sensing topology: single or three phase

Or any other useful info.

We have single driver solution like STDRIVE601 or System-In-Package STSPIN32F0601\2

according to your application we can try to find the best device and board.

SDall
Associate II

what I can say about the other is that asynchronous, brushless without sensors, it only has the socket for the 6 phases u w z, u1 w1 z1 thank you

Gigi
ST Employee

Ciao

From the link you sent is not immediately clear that they are Asyncronous... there isn't so much information on that site.

Anyhow, if you are sure about that, you can start your design taking as inspiration the ACIM example provided by the X-CUBE-MCSDK

This example works with this HW:

NUCLEO-G431RB

X-NUCLEO-IHM09M1

STEVAL-IHM023V3

But of course the HW need to be customized for the current and power level requested by the motor you want to drive.

Just some tips:

The ACIM example work only in the X-CUBE-MCSDK ver. 5.Y.3 (not in the 5.Y.4) and this version of SDK works only with the CubeMX ver. 6.3.0 (not the 6.4.0 or 6.5.0). You can downalod these versions on www.st.com

To create the FW project with the ACIM example run the ST MC Workbench and in Example project you can select

ACIM drive with STM32G431 V/f open loop or

ACIM drive with STM32G431 LSO-FOC

both examples are Sensorless. The second requires other information on the motor like electrical and mechanical parameter, because it is a model based control. So my suggestion, if you are non an expert of motor drive is to evaluate the first one.

If you need further helps in the customization of the hardware or of the firmware, according with the motor you want to drive, I suggest to contact your nearest ST office and ask the .support of our field application engineer, because this kind of support can't be provided here.

I hope that these suggestions can help, or at least inspire, you

Ciao

Gigi