cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lcd interface

SIDDHARTH
Associate

Hi all, I am currently working to interface a 16x2 LCD(LM016L) display with STM32F103C8 through MCP4725. The problem I am facing is that while comparing a similar work I could not find the relevant libraries. I am also new to STM32IDE so I might not know them. The libraries required are to use I2C functions and the second one is to for the LCD library. Another problem I am facing is how to define pins in the already initialized code without changing anything in STM32MX I want to be able to define pins after I have generated the code .While searching, the majority of the codes found were in Arduino and not in STM32, so is there any study material or videos that you could recommend to understand STM32IDE better (Arduino is not working on my PC due to some error).

The link to the sample project I got: https://circuitdigest.com/microcontroller-projects/how-to-use-dac-in-stm32f10c8

I have also attached the pin configuration up to how much I could understand.

2 REPLIES 2
Semer CHERNI
ST Employee

Hello @SIDDHARTH 

First let me thank you for posting.

I recommend you to give a look to this link containing training on how to use STM32CubeMX and STM32CubeIDE:

STM32CubeIDE basics - STMicroelectronics

STM32CubeMX & CubeHAL basics MOOC - STMicroelectronics

BR,

Semer.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Perhaps try just coding in C with the HAL directly, without the code generator.

Likely examples in CubeL4 trees of GPIO and I2C implementation, and in the BSP layers for I2C chip interactions.

Mock something up to prove the hardware works.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..