Associate II
Posted on October 23, 2006 at 14:11

STR9 FreeRTOS port with WEB server

13 REPLIES 13
hnrymao
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 09:30

Hi

I have downloaded the FreeRTOS and choosed THUMB as configuration, then I rebuild the project, I got a message:Too much object produced( more than

0x8000 )for this package. The reason is I use the 32K limited compiler.

According to the following FreeRTOS demo page, it should less than 32K,

I set the copiler optimization to size, still got same result.

Building the demo application for debug

Simply open the rtosdemo.eww workspace file from within the IAR Embedded Workbench IDE, ensure THUMB is the selected configuration if you are using the 32K limited compiler, then select 'Build Target' from the IDE 'Project' menu.

I use IAR Kick start kit.

Has anyone got same problem?

nospam2
Associate II

This point was recently raised on the support forum. See the thread:

http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1592185&forum_id=382005

My intention was to keep the demo under the 32K limit - but I did not take into account the const data used by the html pages that are built into the binary. The executable code is 29K (ish), but then there is 6K of HTML pages.

You will have to remove some of the demo files and/or replace the html pages with a simple one pager as a starter. See more info in the thread referenced above.

Sorry for inconvenience. I will update the demo in the download accordingly.

Regards.

yuantuh
Associate II

Hi Tony,

I got the same problem. From error message I guess the demo project would generate more than 32K code which is beyond KickStart 32K (0x8000)limitation.

hd2
Associate II

To make the FreeRTOS demo link without removing any source, you can change the optimizations to Maximum for size, and reduce the library options to minimum printf and scanf. Then it's just BARELY small enough to link. And it still runs!