cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H723GT6 bare test failing

MDeac.1
Associate III

I have had a couple of Nucleo 144 test/demo boards for a couple of years and have had no issues with them.

So I decided to try and create the simplest PCB from scratch.

What is happening is the chip itself is resetting when powered with a repeated signal as measured on an oscilliscope.

The devices is powered from a 3.6V LDO regulator that can provide 500mA.

Before I try to program the device I am trying to get the supply to the chip stable.

What I have done on connections all VDD and VSS connected with 100nF caps with the 4.7uF as specified.

I have POR-ON, NRST and BOOT0 pulled high through 10K resistors.

Now the USB (I am not using) VDD33USB I have connected to 3.6V which it says I can in the spec sheet and bypassed with a 100nF capacitor.

I have also connected and bypassed the VDDA pin also.

Am I missing something I need to do or does the empty chip reset itself this way until it is programmed?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I have not exceeded the voltage limits.

2 REPLIES 2
TDK
Guru

A fresh chip will not reset itself--something is wrong.

Are VCAP pins connected and bypassed to GND with a 2.2 uF? Perhaps show the schematic.

> STM32H723GT6 

This is missing a letter. STM32H723ZGT6 perhaps?

Design guide here:

https://www.st.com/resource/en/application_note/an5419-getting-started-with-stm32h723733-stm32h725735-and-stm32h730-value-line-hardware-development-stmicroelectronics.pdf

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
MDeac.1
Associate III

Thank you ... the real answer for me to progress further is the chip should not be visibly resetting.

Yes I do have 2.2uF caps bypass to ground on each VCAP.

Yes I missed the letter off the chip model.

So I am now considering the chip I have used as the 3.6V LDO is a production part I use on another device so well understood. The chip is of uncertain origin as it was obtained from a dubious source when supply was an issue.

I have 2 more though that I got from a reputable outlet so will assemble another for comparison.

So I consider my question answered.