cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request for Device (IMS T225-F20E) Tolerance Data for Crystal Aging Analysis

Sa.11
Associate II

Hi

In our design, we incorporated the IMS T225-F20E component. This part necessitates a clock with a frequency of 5 MHz. According to note 3 in the attached image, crystal oscillators with a 200 ppm (parts per million) tolerance can be employed. However, this information pertains to scenarios where two devices are connected together by a link.

Now, the question is: What is the allowable tolerance for the clock oscillator if only one device is used?”

I am currently working on crystal aging analysis. It would be beneficial if you could furnish the allowable tolerance data for the device.

Sa11_0-1711100571478.png

Sa11_1-1711100571482.png

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Well, this is a question about a device that was obsoleted decades ago and about which ST no longer has any information. However, I can still remember the parts a little.

When using the transputer as a single device, the absolute tolerance of CLKIN is quite irrelevant, the timing of the edges is more important. This is also evident from the lack of min and max values for CLKIN Period.

Hope this helps a bit?

Regard
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Well, this is a question about a device that was obsoleted decades ago and about which ST no longer has any information. However, I can still remember the parts a little.

When using the transputer as a single device, the absolute tolerance of CLKIN is quite irrelevant, the timing of the edges is more important. This is also evident from the lack of min and max values for CLKIN Period.

Hope this helps a bit?

Regard
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.