cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"The interface firmware FAILED to reset/halt the target MCU" .txt with STEVAL-SPIN3202

D_Ankit
Associate II

Hello,

I am working with STEVAL-SPIN3202 to develop motor control solution. I am using the Motor Control Workbench 6.2.1. 

I could generate the project using the workbench, however when i Connect the evaluation board, window with FAIL.txt opens which reads "The interface firmware FAILED to reset/halt the target MCU".

Thus I am not able to connect to the board. I have tried connecting to the board using ST-Link Utility, however it gives the error message "Can not connect to target".

I have tried some of the solution mentioned on the forum but the issue still persist.

Please guide me so that i can get my motor running.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

To the board...see manual:

AScha3_0-1718441499041.png

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
AScha.3
Chief II

Hi,

ST-Link Utility is old, deprecated. Dont use this .

So try with CubeProgrammer , connect "under reset" or "software reset" .

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. Tried with CubeProgrammer. Still no luck. It throws below error and when the board is connected FAIL.txt is still generated.ST_error.png

Hi,

"no target found" is just info: cannot connect...

So show, what CubeProgrammer shows...target voltage...etc.

so:

AScha3_0-1718436545102.png

Below is what the CubeProgrammer is showing. If i chose Reset mode as Software reset, then also after pressing connect it automatically changes to hardware reset.

st_error2.png

Ok,

now we see : target voltage 0,46V . This cpu cannot work... 🙂

Give it some power , 3v3 ; then check again.

(Maybe check jumper settings on board, see manual. Or need connect power supply...)

ok. where exactly is this voltage? and where do i need to give power supply?

To the board...see manual:

AScha3_0-1718441499041.png

Thanks for help. It worked. I was under impression that MCU is supplied by USB. However, it was clear once i checked schematic. Thanks again.