cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CH340 driver doesn't convert the USB port to a traditional COM port.

Nam
Associate

Hello everyone,
Currently, I am using the Ubuntu 22.04 operating system. I'm having a problem: when I plug ST-link into my computer, the CH340 driver doesn't convert the USB port to a traditional COM port. Therefore, the Arduino IDE does not show the port to perform serial communication as usual. I tried installing STM32CuberProgrammer to check what the error port was, then I saw the /Dev/bus/USB/001/007 port. I also tried connecting to an Arduino mega 2560, when I checked, the port still showed /Dev/ttACM0. Thanks, everyone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It doesn't have a CH340 chip in it.

The ST-LINK/V2 doesn't export a serial port, the ST-LINK/V2-1 on some fake units might, but it's going to use an ST driver or a generic CDC/ACM driver and give you a TTY if it enumerates.

What VID/PID do you see?

What is your hardware set up here?

You mention a bunch of unrelated stuff, it's hard to understand what you're doing or what the real issue is.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AScha.3
Chief II

Hi,

ttACM0 is the com port. (maybe from st-link; which st-link you use ?)

I dont understand your problem ... you also have a CH340 chip in use - or what about this chip ?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

It doesn't have a CH340 chip in it.

The ST-LINK/V2 doesn't export a serial port, the ST-LINK/V2-1 on some fake units might, but it's going to use an ST driver or a generic CDC/ACM driver and give you a TTY if it enumerates.

What VID/PID do you see?

What is your hardware set up here?

You mention a bunch of unrelated stuff, it's hard to understand what you're doing or what the real issue is.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Thank you for your reply, my previous problem was Unable to use a USB dongle based on a USB-serial converter chip, then I found the internal problem through a post, the problem was stated as "The problem here is BRLTTY, a program that "provides access to the Linux/Unix console (when in text mode) for a blind person using a refreshable braille display" ". After that, I followed the post and fixed the problem of not recognizing the port when connecting from STM32 to the Ubuntu 22.04 operating system. post link: https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/670636/unable-to-use-usb-dongle-based-on-usb-serial-converter-chip.