cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About memory 25pe40vg

TKons.1
Associate II

Hi

Does anyone knows where I can find data for this memory?

Thanks ​

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Correct, ST no longer has any documentation on discontinued components or sold business units. However, you can usually still find datasheets of old components via e.g. Google.

I took on the challenge of researching this for you at Micron, to whom the business was sold: according to TN-12-24, the marking 25PW40VG stands for M25PE40-VMW6. And you can find the datasheet of the M25PE40 here.

Good luck!

If the problem is resolved, please mark this topic as answered by selecting Select as best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @TKons.1​, to the community!

STMicroelectronics stopped the Flash business in 2007 and formed a joint venture with Intel called Numonyx, which was sold to Micron in 2012. For this reason, STMicroelectronics no longer has any data sheets etc. and cannot provide them.

Good luck!

If the problem is resolved/answered, please mark this topic as answered by selecting Select as best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

So ST erases all the data for old parts?

Also how I could find a compatible part without knowing the exact working procedure?

Thank you anyway.

Correct, ST no longer has any documentation on discontinued components or sold business units. However, you can usually still find datasheets of old components via e.g. Google.

I took on the challenge of researching this for you at Micron, to whom the business was sold: according to TN-12-24, the marking 25PW40VG stands for M25PE40-VMW6. And you can find the datasheet of the M25PE40 here.

Good luck!

If the problem is resolved, please mark this topic as answered by selecting Select as best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

/Peter

Thank you very much for the professionalism. You are very good

. Have a nice day.​