Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPC582Bxx CAN initialization and configuration

Rohit Rajapure
Associate II

Hello All, 

we are using the SPC582Bxx family device for our automotive system, 

We have gone through the guides related to SPC582Bxx, Auto devkit studio and ran some sample code by referring the tutorial available from ST team. 

since I am new to this family, I would like to know about can configuration in detail. We are working on device using CAN protocol for communication, we would like to transmit and receive the CAN data from one device to another (SPC5). Based on the received data we would control the audio. 

Can anyone help us to how to enable, Initialize and configure the CAN protocol for SPC582Bxx family. 

14 REPLIES 14

Hi, 

Thanks for the response, we are trying with 500 baud rate only. But it is not working. On Microchip CAN BUS Analyzer we are getting tx - 128 and rx-129 error. 

Thanks and Regards

Rohit R

Rohit Rajapure
Associate II

Hi,

Did you checked my  previous post regarding the CAN analyzer and message error. 

I tried to follow the instructions and build the code from Strach we are getting the below error while configuring the CAN, let us know your feedback on this. 

RohitRajapure_0-1701082666980.png

Let me know how to make changes and enable them. And still I didn't get the baud rate configuration. 

And 500 baud rate is not working for the code. 

Please share the feedback for the issues. 

Thanks and Regards

Rohit R

Rohit Rajapure
Associate II

Hi, 

We are unable to figure out the configuration and test the CAN as you mentioned regarding the baud rate. 

Please share your feedback as early as possible.

Thanks and Regards,

Rohit R

Rohit Rajapure
Associate II

Hello, 

Any feedback on my post. 

We need urgent help to fix this. 

Waiting for your response, 

Thanks and Regards

Rohit R

Hi, 

We are waiting for response, and we need urgent feedback on the issue we are facing. 

Please get back to us with response. 

It's hard to figure out for every sample if face issue then it is difficult for us to procced and wait for every feedback. 

Hope you understand the urgency 

Thanks and Regards

Rohit R