cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ELF File, what to do with it?

Orbiter
Senior

I am a bit too new to this St universe, could someone please point ,me in the right direction?

I would like to update the Firmware on my BMS L9963 board. I found a folder on the website for the GUI for download. It contains a ELF file and some .dlls

How do I transfer this onto the board? I have SPC5 Studio and the Autodevkit installed. 

There are no samples for that BMS other than an example for timers (?).

How? Why? 🙂 

Comming from the Arduino universe I am very very lost right now. Maybe someone could help? 

Is there a noob guide somewhere? How to get all of this going? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Erwan YVIN
ST Employee

PLS Debugger Tool is a tools whihc permits to flash and debug the software.

PLS can be used by a feature / plugins integrated in SPC5Studio

https://www.pls-mc.com/service/downloads/download-spc5-udestk/

Elf contains the symbol of your program which permits to the debugger to find the variables, symbols and memory contexts

Best Regards

Erwan

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TDK
Guru

Have you tried to launch PLS Debugger Tool externally from SPC5Studio tool and load the elf file?

(From here)

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

How do I start this PLS Debugger Tool? I have SPC5Studio and also Autodevkit as two different programs installed,  none of them knows PLÖS Debugger when I use the search, nor do I find such button. 

Erwan YVIN
ST Employee

PLS Debugger Tool is a tools whihc permits to flash and debug the software.

PLS can be used by a feature / plugins integrated in SPC5Studio

https://www.pls-mc.com/service/downloads/download-spc5-udestk/

Elf contains the symbol of your program which permits to the debugger to find the variables, symbols and memory contexts

Best Regards

Erwan