cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What in-circuit debugger/programmer should I use for STEVAL-MKSBOX1V1?

Eugene Agustin
Associate II

I am using STEVAL-MKSBOX1V1 and I want to do some changes in the firmware.

What in-circuit debugger/programmer should I use? Should I use ST-LINK/V2 or STLINK-V3SET or STLINK-V3MINI?

Please help me. Thank you

27 REPLIES 27

​Because you cannot plug a 20 pin cable on the SensorTile.box... Pls note that you could have the 5x2 header instead of the 7x2 header on your sensortile.box... could you please send me a picture of it? Regards

Sorry I forgot that it is only a 14 pins. I cannot send the picture right now because the SensorTile.Box is in our office and I am at home right now. I will send it tomorrow (GMT +8). By the way I have a flat ribbon connector that is included in the STLINK-V3 that I bought, can I use the flat ribbon connector that is STDC14 output to ARM20-compatible connector?

uhm.. I don't think the ribbon cables are compatible for this purpose... I​ suggest you to directly connect the VDD, GND, SWDIO and SWCLK with bridges... Regards

Ok I understand. I will try it as soon as I receive the STLINK-V2. Thank you

Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Please note for the sake of completeness that you can now find the Sensortile.box schematic online. Regards

Hi @Eleon BORLINI​ with regards to the SensorTile.box connection to the STLINK-V2, I just want to clarify what pins from SensorTile.box do I need to connect to STLINK-V@?

Am I right that it is pin no: 3, 4, 5, 6 ? or pin no: 3, 4, 5, 6, 13, 14?

Thank you

savimakt
Associate

Anything new about adapter board with dedicated level shifters and LDOs for the 1.8V debugging?

In UM2448 chapter 12 B-STLINK-VOLT board extension description shows this but actual board is still missing.

Hi @savimakt​ , good question... I added the ST-LINK Utility and the STLINK-V3 topics to the original question for eventual support. Regards