cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SensorTile.Box Pro not detected using example_ble_1.py from the BlueSTSDK Python Library

ahalwah
Associate II

Hello,

I have a SensorTile.Box Pro that I can connect to using my Android Phone. However, when I run the example_ble_1.py script to discover ST devices and connect to them to read their features using ble, it detects my SensorTile.Box and not my SensorTile.Box Pro. I have mad sure the Pro is turned on and can connect to the ST BLE App. Any advice on how to get it to connect using the SDK would be appreciated as I have created a gui for plotting gyro and acc data in real time which can utilize the SensorTile.Box and the kit. Currently I am missing the ability to connect to the Box Pro.

2 REPLIES 2
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @ahalwah ,

Welcome to ST Community!

how does the script work?

if the board is visible to the application, it should be available also for an example script that scans every device.

if the script has some filter, the board can be omitted from the list of devices.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

I tried to trace back the methods being used for device discovery, and it looks like the Scanner method from the bluepy library is being used for device discovery. I did not see any filtration of the detected devices for it to potentially omit the box Pro. 

This is the link to the script: https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/BlueSTSDK_Python/blob/master/blue_st_examples/example_ble_1.py

I did notice in the readme that it states "They need to be equipped with BLE connectivity and a FW compatible with the BlueST Protocol."

Furthermore, it states that

The SDK is compatible with the following ST firmware:

• FP-SNS-MOTENV1: STM32 ODE function pack for IoT node with BLE connectivity plus environmental and motion sensors
  • FP-SNS-ALLMEMS1: STM32 ODE function pack for IoT node with BLE connectivity, digital microphone, environmental and motion sensors
  • FP-SNS-FLIGHT1: STM32 ODE function pack for IoT node with BLE connectivity, environmental and motion sensors, time-of-flight sensors (Please remove NFC when used with Python SDK)

So I guess, should I try flashing it with one of these firmwares, and if so is there a file that I can send using the ST BLE App to the box Pro.