cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSM6DSO Finite State Machine (FSM) Input Data

Pointes
Associate II

Hi,

I'm doing gesture recognition with the LSM6DSO(X) finite state machine. It still doesn't work as it should.

Can I use sqrt(x²+y²) as input data without using the z axis information? Similar to the norm sqrt(x²+y²+z²), but without z axis. I am not able to do this with a MASK.
Background: I try to detect every back and forth movement in the xy plane, no matter in which direction. To do this, I set a limit value for the amplitude of the acceleration in the x and y directions. But if the movement is between the x and y axes, it is more difficult to reach one of the x or y limits. 

My other question is whether it is possible to measure the distance traveled in FSM? Because I can also use the integrated gyroscope signal to measure the rotated angle with command SINMUX.

Best regards
Armin

1 REPLY 1
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @Pointes ,

1) no, you can't

2) Do you mean walking distance? If yes, you can use the pedometer and multiply the number of steps by the stride length

If my reply answered your question, please click on Accept as Solution at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.