cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STEVAL-MK141V2 (HTS221) temp/RH sensor

Take4az
Associate

Hi, I got the reference board of STEVAL-MKI141V2 that has HTS221 temperature and humidity sensor.

I read out the calibration registers by the manual of https://www.st.com/resource/en/technical_note/tn1218-interpreting-humidity-and-temperature-readings-in-the-hts221-digital-humidity-sensor-stmicroelectronics.pdf and the result is following.

H0_rH_X2 (30) = 3A,   H1_rH_x2 (31) = 87,  T0_degC_x8 (32) = A7,  T1_degC_x8 (33) = 16

T2/T0 msb (35) = 4

H0_T0_OUT (36,37) = FFFB,   H1_T0_OUT (3A,3B) = D6E4

T0_OUT (3C, 3D) = FFFF,    T1_OUT (3E, 3F) = 0310

So the registers value of H0_T0_OUT, H1_T0_OUT also T0_OUT value are minus, is that normal?

It seems the temperature and humidity can be calucuated from there registers. 25.5 degree and 57% RH

but humidity is more 10% higher than other sensors. The accuracy is out of specification value +/- 3.5%. 

I want to check the device that using HTS221 sensor, Could you let me know brand and model name if someone knows any products those using HTS221?

Thank you for reading

1 REPLY 1
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @Take4az ,

Welcome to ST Community!

Have a look at this board Adafruit.

If my reply answered your question, please click on Accept as Solution at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.