cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem while programming with Algo builder

CDent.1
Associate II

Hi,

I use Algo Builder to test the sensortile.box, but I can't program the board using the algobuilder software (after I have compiled) in order to test the functionality, even if it seems to be possible to program the microprocessor using directly the STM32CubeProgrammer, and the driver in the device manager seems to be correct.

Can anybody help me?0693W00000AODlwQAH.png0693W00000AODmVQAX.png0693W00000AODmkQAH.png0693W00000AODmuQAH.png0693W00000AODmfQAH.png Thanks,

Cristian

19 REPLIES 19
CDent.1
Associate II

Hi Marian,

I run regedit as administrator, but I didn't find a "Friendly Name" under the (USB VID and PID). It's written as "Device Description" and there is "@oem89.inf,%devicename%;STM32 Bootloader" but i'm not allowed to change it. A message appears that says that I can't modify it, Error Writing the new content (I changed only STM32 Bottoloader in STM32 BOOTLOADER). See the attached file to understand the problem

I use windows 7 with 64 bits.

0693W00000AOL5MQAX.png0693W00000AOL7vQAH.pngYou told me that it's possibile to reload a new driver (probably more update). Should I disintall STM32 Programmer and download and reinstall a new one? Otherwaise where can I find a update driver?

Thanks,

Cristian

CDent.1
Associate II

Or do I need to create a new "folser" in the registry with "Frendly name" and write "STM32 BOOTLOADER"?

Thanks,

Cristian

CDent.1
Associate II

Or do I need to create a new "folder" in the registry with "Frendly name" and write "STM32 BOOTLOADER"?

Thanks,

Cristian

louda.marian
Senior

My first idea was that you have too new driver, but I checked it again and realize that there is no difference between newest driver and my current driver. I guess that driver change will not help. The new information is that you have Windows 7. My proposal was for Windows 10. You can try to create REG_SZ value "FriendlyName" with string "STM32 BOOTLOADER" (there are two spaces between '2' and 'B'). It could maybe help. But you have to put this value into all subkeys inside "VID0483_PID_DF11" registry key, because it is difficult to detect which subkey is related to your device.

Regards,

Marian

CDent.1
Associate II

It seems that regedit doesn't allow me to write in the folder (even if it is run as administrator). Now I've decided to try to update the O.S. to windows 10 to solve the problem. I hope everything can be run the same since I have installed many older programs...

louda.marian
Senior

It is weird that you cannot write registry as administrator. Try to check again if you really start it as administrator. In Windows 10 you can use BLE communication in addition.

CDent.1
Associate II

Thanks you Louda,

Now I have installed Windows 10 on my PC and, after uninstalling STM32Prog and reinstalling it, the algobuilder seems to work.

Many Thanks!

CDent.1
Associate II

Hi Marian,

Another question. Where can I find the code of the firmware generated that initialize the accelerometer sensor?

When I click on the button below,

0693W00000APANtQAP.pngThis screen opens:

0693W00000APAONQA5.pngthis windows open...

Is this all the code I need in my microprocessor to have the operazion done? (obviously with the driver...)

Where is the code generated?

Thanks,

louda.marian
Senior

Hi Cristian,

algo_builder.c file is the part of source code which changes according to algorithm design.

The rest of source code is placed inside directory specified in "Firmware Location" (see the picture).

Inside sub directory "Projects" are placed configuration files for all supported toolchains.

You can open the project in your preferred development IDE to see whole structure of the project.

Best Regards,

Marian

0693W00000APBybQAH.png

CDent.1
Associate II

Hi Marian,

Thanks for your help. Now I see the source code. I can see that there are many libraries in the Middlewares folder where there it seems there isn't the source code (the file has a .a extension). Since we think to use it on a different microprocessor (we think to integrate the firmware into the microprocessor of the bluenrg module), do you think it is possibile?

I Need to use only the initializer of the accelerometer and of the machine learning core. I hope that the Accelerometer will set the interrupt pin when the acceleration pattern is overtaken). Do I need so many precompiled libraries? (STM32_MotionAC_Libraries, STM32MotionAW_Libraries, ecc.)

Thanks,