cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSM6DSOX Accelerometer Issue - Interrupt not Always Triggering on FSM condition met

ozlow_own
Associate

Hello everyone,

I'm currently facing an issue while working with the LSM6DSOX accelerometer.

In my setup, the LSM6DSOX accelerometer is not consistently triggering an interrupt on INT1 when the specified threshold is exceeded. Code, connections, and power supply: everything appears to be in order. I am trying to implement a wake-up feature similar to the example in AN5273 but with a different threshold (1.0g +/- 0.1g). The FSM operates at an ODR of 104 Hz, and the accelerometer shares the same ODR with a full-scale range of 4g. I used the Unico tool to generate the .ufc file for configuration, imported it into my code, and also experimented with the UNICLEO tool and an eval-board for DIP24 on a different setup, encountering the same issue.

Config:

• FSM ODR: 104 Hz
  • Accelerometer ODR: 104 Hz
  • Gyro OFF
  • Full-Scale: 4g
  • Threshold: 1.0g +/- 0.1g
  • FSM as per wakeup example in application note
  • Interrupt routed to INT1
  • Non-latched interrupts

For each data point (checked using the DRDY bit with BDU enabled), I calculate the norm on the host MCU as per the AN example. However, I've noticed that the INT pin goes low for a few samples while the computed norm is still higher than the threshold. This results in intermittent "holes" in interrupt generation, even though the condition is met.

Has anyone encountered a similar issue with the LSM6DSOX FSM?

2 REPLIES 2
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @ozlow_own ,

Are your calculation in float32? If yes that's wrong because the device works in float16.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @ozlow_own ,

Didi you solve using float16?

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.