cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSM6DSO pedometer setting

JXiao.1
Associate II

Now I am using LSM6DSO sensor pedometer function. I found it is too sensitive and want to change it. I found four pedometer settings. They are ****_CMD_REG, ****_DEB_STEPS_C, ****_SC_DELTAT_L, ****_SC_DELTAT_H. I can just understand the function of the second one. Can you explain the other three meaning? I have changed them and will cause the pedometer stop.

12 REPLIES 12
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @JXiao.1​ , @PLuze.1​ ,

do you get the same results either placing the device on the wrist or on the waist?

You might also refer to the example in the X-CUBE-MEMS1 package, where there are some (platform dependent) examples for the LSM6DSO pedometer (folder \Projects\STM32L476RG-Nucleo\Examples\IKS01A3\LSM6DSO_Pedometer). This package also implements pedometer applications that uses an ST dedicated library instead of the embedded pedometer digital feature (\Projects\STM32L476RG-Nucleo\Applications\IKS01A3\Pedometer). You could also try this way in case the issue is still there.

-Eleon

PLuze.1
Associate II

Hey @Eleon BORLINI​ , thank you for your reply.

I've tried in the wrist, on the waist and on the shoe.

I took a look in the examples on the X-CUBE-MEMS1 package, but as it is platform dependent and we're not using a STM32 microcontroller, as far I understood it's impossible to port this project to other micro controller, am I right?

If it is, i'll be impossible to tune sensibility parameters of the embedded pedometer digital feature?

Regards,

Pedro Luzeiro

Hi Pedro,

>> as far I understood it's impossible to port this project to other micro controller, am I right?

It is not easy to do it with the executable version of the library only, since it has been designed to run on STM32.

Since a lower-level use of these libraries is subjected to a License Agreement signature, you can ask to the OLS support or contact a local representatives and they will evaluate case by case.

>> If it is, i'll be impossible to tune sensibility parameters of the embedded pedometer digital feature?

Well, the two pedometer libraries, MotionPM and MotionPW, are effectively limited in setting the parameters. So my suggestion would be trying the way I suggested above.

As side note, you might try to setup a custom "high-level" algorithm with the Algobuilder tool, maybe filtering the accelerometer/gyroscope data before entering in the pedometer' functions or calculating the FFT, setting thresholds etc...

Let me know if these steps can help you to make some progress.

-Eleon