cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIS2MDL number of samples in low power mode Vs high resolution mode

dagan
Associate II

Hi,
I'm looking for the information about the number of sensor ADC samples per output data, in low power mode Vs. the high resolution mode.
I found the following description in AN5069:
"The difference distinguishing the two modes is in the number of samples used to generate
each output sample, which is four times less in Low-Power mode than the number used in
High-Resolution mode, thus ensuring a lower power consumption"

However, I didn't found what the actual number is.

Thanks,

Dagan

3 REPLIES 3
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @dagan ,

Why do you need this information?

You don't find it in the AN5069 because it is reserved but if you tell me why you need to know this I can help you.

If my reply answered your question, please click on Accept as Solution at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
dagan
Associate II

Hi Federica,
I need this information because we are trying to build a simulation model (python) for our project and replace the sensor with X-Y-Z injected samples.
The samples was recorded from high resolution magnometer sensor, and we need to decimate the samples so it will be as close as possible to LIS2MDL calculation.

Thanks,

Dagan

Hi Federica

I'm after the same information (OSR rate) as I'm working for a Medtech company developing a novel device and we are thinking of using the ST for our analysis. The data from the sensor will be analysed using FFT etc.  there for we would like to know the sample rate to assess whether LIS2MDL sensor is compatible with our requirements

Thank you