cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any software application tool to calibrate the IMU sensor (ISM330DHCX)

rg.21
Associate

I am using an imu sensor ( ism330dhcx ) which I am working on to accelerometer and gyroscope data and I get the raw data from ims330dhcx and convert the raw data into actual angles by using the motionFX library. Still, there is some deviation between the imu sensor ( ism330dhcx ) and the standard reference device, so I need to calibrate the data for the standard output angle.

so, please let me know if there is any software application tool to calibrate the imu sensor to the standard angle.

3 REPLIES 3
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @rg.2​ ,

Welcome to ST Community!

How much is the deviation between IMU and standard reference device?

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

the question isnt how much the deviation is, its HOW DO WE calibrate the sensor?

after we calibrate, we can give a better indication of how accurate the sensor is...

so, HOW DO WE calibrate the ISM330DHCX 6-dof sensor?

Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @mvs1970 ,

Our sensors are already calibrated by factory.

However, for some applications, it could be suggested to subtract residual offset (for accelerometer) and ZRL (for gyro). To do so, acquire some samples for each axis and calculate the average. Then substract this value to the acquisitions.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.