cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ism330dhcx - 6dof position + orientation estimation algorithm

mvs1970
Associate II

im using the ism330dhcx in an application where POSE (position + orientation) estimation are required.

the accelerometer and gyroscope data are written to an SD card @ 100Hz and will be post processed to keep things simple, however, if anyone has a real-time algorithm that would be amazing!

3 REPLIES 3
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @mvs1970 ,

Have you already looked at MotionFX library?

In addition, before running the MotionFX library, I suggest you to run a calibration step with the MotionAC accelerometer calibration library, in order to minimize the residual offset of the sensor, that could sum during the integration steps.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

@frederica,

I would very much like to use the MotionFX library, but the board I am currently using (SparkFun DataLogger IoT - 9DoF - DEV-20594 - SparkFun Electronics) already has it pre-wired to communicate using the SPI bus.

If there were an example of the MotionFX using the SPI bus, I could probably port the rest of the code, but SPI vs I2C is not an area where I have much experience or confidence.

Ooopppsss...  just noticed that the src directory is all cortex related.  This library looks great, but will be of no use to me while working w/non cortex based MCUs.

If this can be ported to vanilla arduino, then I could port it to the ESP32...