cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSM6DSL Custom PCB

Resonance
Associate

I designed a card that uses Stm32f446 and many sensors, but although the other sensor on the I2C line works, I cannot even get an I2C OK response from the LSM6SDL. I don't think there is a mistake in the design, but I am sharing it with you anyway, thank you in advance for your help.

Resonance_0-1711045383774.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Resonance
Associate

There was no problem with the design. My function did not work because the I2C address was different from the read address. I found the correct address. I2C_OK now returns 1. If SDO/SA0 pin
Since it is connected to ground, its address value is 01101010.

You can use the design, don't forget the 4.7k pull up resistors not visible in the schematic.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

@Resonance wrote:

I cannot even get an I2C OK response from the LSM6SDL.

Are you sure you have the correct address?

Have you probed the I2C lines at the chip to see what's happening?

Bus termination and topology? Mixed voltages or vendors?

Split into different groups of devices, bisect see if there's some conflict. Try accessing the device on it's own.

Direct connection to supplies of some pins, is that prescribed? Are any dual function, or have expectations at reset?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Resonance
Associate

There was no problem with the design. My function did not work because the I2C address was different from the read address. I found the correct address. I2C_OK now returns 1. If SDO/SA0 pin
Since it is connected to ground, its address value is 01101010.

You can use the design, don't forget the 4.7k pull up resistors not visible in the schematic.