cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have bpought a STEVAL-MKI109V3 + STEVAL-MKI105V1, but in UNICO Lite Rev. 3.0.0.0. I cannot find a selection for this kit, probably firmware of the board has to be updated. Cube Programmer is already installed, but where can I find the firmware image?

stst9185
Associate III

0693W00000bhE7ZQAU.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Ciao @stst9185​ ,

Unico Lite is graphical user interface software package, providing C# source code only for limited boards.

For the support of all the evaluation board for STEVAL-MKI109V3 (including STEVAL-MKI105V1), we suggest using the Unico-GUI software package instead.

After downloading the software package, you can find the firmware image in the “FIRMWARE/ProfiMEMSTool board�? folder. 

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Ciao @stst9185​ ,

Unico Lite is graphical user interface software package, providing C# source code only for limited boards.

For the support of all the evaluation board for STEVAL-MKI109V3 (including STEVAL-MKI105V1), we suggest using the Unico-GUI software package instead.

After downloading the software package, you can find the firmware image in the “FIRMWARE/ProfiMEMSTool board�? folder. 

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
stst9185
Associate III

Great, now I can select the right module!

It is a bit confusint, that there is a Unico software and a Unico-GUI software and they have different scopes of supported products.

Thanks!

Macneacail
Associate III

It is reasonably easy to adjust the C# code for the Lite package to use another board, they are merely constants in the program. Also UNICO GUI does not give you timing, and the accelerometers I have run between 1200 and 1500 Hz for a 1666 Hz setting. You cannot rely on the timing signal from the board, the buffer stuffs the accuracy. It is actually an interesting statistical exercise to determine the rate. You cannot rely on the ratio of the different blocks as this can range from 1:27 to 1:33 on the one I use.

Macneacail
Associate III

To write a program that gives you usable data you are looking at about 6 months solid work.