cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set Output data rate for Accelerometer and receive more samples in Sensortile.box?

aditi1prakash
Associate II

I am trying to get values at highest data rate(6.6kHz) from Accelerometer on Serial terminal from SensorTile.box.

Sensor - LSM6DSOX

Binary - 'DataLogExtended.bin' from FP-SNS-STBOX.

I tried using the (void)BSP_MOTION_SENSOR_SetOutputDataRate(AccInstance,MOTION_ACCELERO,6667); API. Adding this function further reduced the number of samples received per second rather.

What am I missing here? How to read 6600 samples of ACC data per second?

Regards,

Aditi Prakash

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi Aditi Prakash @aditi1prakash​ ,

If you use the Serial terminal, you might have some limitation in the baud rate matching between the Serial terminal and the SensorTile.box's firmware allowed throughput.

Our expert's suggestion is: first step, use Unicleo-GUI to interface the SensorTile.box running the DataLogExtended application. Second step, enable only the accelerometer sensor. Then the maximum speed can be reached but at this point the 6.6kHz capability also depends on USB throughput and PC speed.

If my reply answered your question, please click on Select as Best at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster. 

-Eleon

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi Aditi Prakash @aditi1prakash​ ,

If you use the Serial terminal, you might have some limitation in the baud rate matching between the Serial terminal and the SensorTile.box's firmware allowed throughput.

Our expert's suggestion is: first step, use Unicleo-GUI to interface the SensorTile.box running the DataLogExtended application. Second step, enable only the accelerometer sensor. Then the maximum speed can be reached but at this point the 6.6kHz capability also depends on USB throughput and PC speed.

If my reply answered your question, please click on Select as Best at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster. 

-Eleon

Hi @Eleon BORLINI​ ,

Thanks for your answer.

I have a question here though. Both terminal and the GUI use the serial port for data reception.

So, how is it that UNICLEO is able to receive the same data at a higher rate?

Regards

Aditi Prakash

Hi @aditi1prakash​ ,

I believe Unicleo is doing some optimization in the serial communication.

Did you tested it, as suggested?

-Eleon

Hi @Eleon BORLINI​ ,

Yes, Unicleo provides apx 6000 samples per second.

I am more interested in getting those samples at that rate independent of the GUI.

Regards

Aditi Prakash

Hi @aditi1prakash​ ,

Understood, in this case a firmware modification of the DataLogExtended project is needed.

But this has to be evaluated internally, so I suggest you to open a request with an OLS ticket: they will evaluate the requests case by case.

-Eleon

Hi @Eleon BORLINI​ ,

Sure, thank you 🙂

Regards

Aditi Prakash